dragonhell-steff : my life in two parts

Thursday, June 08, 2006

Pukka!

I like to play with new toys! I'm constantly on the look out for nice little applications that I can just download, play with for a bit then probably AppZap, delete and forget about. Most of the time that is exactly what happens, but sometimes you can find hidden gems.

I like applications to look good, do what they are meant to and be relatively simple. I want to do what I want to do in the thing and that be it. The best applications out there do what I want without me telling them to (praise be to Adium, which seems to connect everywhere with or without proxy settings). Today, while browsing macZOT again, I stumbled across Pukka.

So what is it?
"Simple. Delicious. Pukka [...] is a minimalist posting client for del.icio.us."

I'd never actually used del.icio.us before, but what the heck! I downloaded the application to have a little play around with anyway. With a nice logo, minimalist feel and simple to use controls I must say this is a great little application. After adding bookmarklets to your web browser, simply navigate to any page you want, highlight any text description on that page and hit 'Send to Pukka'. Done. Now all you have to do is hit 'Add link' and it's on del.icio.us for you. How's that for delicious?

You can customize the preferences so that it'll hide after you add a link and it even has growl support - so that it'll tell you it has uploaded something after it's done posting in the background.

All in all, worth the $2.50 that macZOT are offering it for - or even the $5 they are offering it for!

--- dragonhell.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home